Upgraded from 6.1 release to 6.2 release.  Kernel is generic, which is
to say I'm pretty much a newbie, haven't hacked anything.  I can
configure unix reasonably well, but I haven't tweaked it. If there are
specific files you'd like a look at besides the dmesg output, you'll
have to name them.

Steve

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007, Steve Franks wrote:

> Everything looks spiffy after my upgrade except all my sata disks are
> gone.  Thank goodness the os in on a pata controller:
>
> atapci1: <AcerLabs M5287 SATA150 controller> port
> 0xec00-0xec0f,0xe880-0xe887,0xe800-0xe80f,0xe480-0xe487,0xe400-0xe41f
> mem 0xdffff800-0xdffffbff irq 21 at device 31.1 on pci0
> atapci1: AHCI controller reset failure
> device_attach: atapci1 attach returned 6
>
> So, I booted the 6.2 iso to find identical behavior, so it is not my
> mistake in the upgrade process (unless the mistake was to upgrade at
> all).
>
> Thanks,

What version did you upgrade from and what does your kernel look like?
-Garrett

Steve Franks, KE7BTE
Staff Engineer
La Palma Devices, LLC