On Sun, Feb 04, 2007 at 02:19:26PM -0800, Garrett Cooper wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

> >>Did you recompile the php4 port recently?  If you:
> >>
> >>    cd /usr/ports/lang/php4
> >>    make config
> >>
> >>Is the box for 'Build Apache Module' checked?  If not,
> >>check it now, and reinstall the land/php4 port.  That
> >>should regenerate the libphp4.so module in
> >>/usr/local/libexec/apache
> >>

> >     Some questions for you, Matthew; hopefully not too uninformed...  .
> >     One, how to I bring up that DOS-ish '3-D' (Or whatever) check
> >     winfow? and how to reset if I make a mistake?   I've checked
> >     everywhere I can think of, or nearly.
> >
> >     Of note is that overnight--from 03.00 until I finally unglued my
> >     eyes--I installed php5 on zen.  The php files display; the
> >     counter and other php code  may work; and for totally unknown
> >     reasons, on tao php works without my having any php port
> >     installed.  --It may just display as html displays.  The code
> >     can't exec (barring ghosts in closets).  How does php work
> >     elsewhere as it does on my laptop, zen, while I'm having such
> >     troubles on ns1??   I have moved the *new* httpd.conf into
> >     /usr/local/etc/apache, restarted apache.  Zip.  I am about to
> >     rebuild php4 on ns1 using portupgrade.
> >
> >     FWIW, I did a wholesale upgrade on my primary server toward the
> >     end of January, and on the 31st  noticed trouble with PHP.  I
> >     figured it was because I was messing with the javascript
> >     extensions/addons on firefox.  Nope.  I severely shot off both
> >     feet.  Any help or insights much appreciated!  ...Yes, I googled
> >     around for this problem.  Nothing worked.
> >
> >     merci d'advanc,
> >
> >     gary
> >

> >>    Cheers,
> >>
> >>    Matthew
> >>
> >>--
> >>Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                       7 Priory Courtyard
> >>                                                      Flat 3
> >>PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey         Ramsgate
>
> Just try running php on the command line with the php file. The only
> thing that won't be set is the variables that are setup from apache
> (HTML related environment variables). If anything fails, it will there
> with a lot more info.

        Good suggestion.  I just did (yet-another) ports upgrade and made
        on ns1.  About 90 mins about I moved the http.conf from zen to
        ns1.  There is no /usr/local/bin/php now, or shouldn't be!--but
        after php4 fnishes, I'll point it at jotting/index.php.

        I have wiped out my Cache(s); didn't realize that the history was
        necessary too.... will try, thanks.

        gary