White Hat wrote:
There was a change in the ports system -
/usr/ports/UPDATING 20070205 - which now renders
portmanager unable to run correctly. While it is
possible to update a single port; i.e., "portmanager
/path/to-port/", if I attempt to do a general ports
update; i.e., "portmanager -u", I receive the
following error message:

percentDone-=>0 = 100 - ( 100 * ( oldPortsDbQTY-=>6 /
oldPortsDbTOTALIZER-=>6 ))
cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/sysutils/portmanager
rBsdPortMkPatch 0.4.1_7 error: bsd.port.mk
/usr/ports/Mk unable to restored from back up   cp
/usr/local/share/portmanager/bsd.port.mk-BACKUP
/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.port.mk

I tried deinstalling portmanager and then installing
it from its new port directory; however, that failed
to alleviate the problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and perhaps
have a solution?

Thanks!

i recommend switching to portmaster. its actively maintained and a lot better than portmanager