Richard Lynch wrote:
> I thought the security/denyhosts port looked good, even if just to
> slim down that report I get every day about the hundreds of SSH
> attempts...
>
> And, hey, reporting back to denyhosts HQ and letting them notify the
> sysadmins of hacked boxen is a lot better than me doing it by hand.
>
> Only problem is, I'm stuck at Step 1:
>
> cd /usr/ports/security/denyhosts
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] make clean
> ===>  Cleaning for python-2.4.1_3
> ===>  Cleaning for denyhosts-2.6
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] make
> ===>  Vulnerability check disabled, database not found
> ===>  Extracting for denyhosts-2.6
> => Checksum OK for DenyHosts-2.6.tar.gz.
> ===>  Patching for denyhosts-2.6
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for denyhosts-2.6
> -e:No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /usr/ports/security/denyhosts.
>
> I thought maybe I was missing Python, but I went and installed that,
> and it's in pkg_info
>
> Actually, I should also point out that I had to do portsnap fetch and
> portsnap extract just to get security/denyhosts to show up...
>
> Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that?...
>
> Or is there another package it relies on that I'm missing?

The command that is failing is:

happy-idiot-talk:...ports/security/denyhosts:% grep '.-e' Makefile
        @${REINPLACE_CMD} -e 's,%%PREFIX%%,${PREFIX},' \

where ${REINPLACE_CMD} should expand thusly:

happy-idiot-talk:...ports/security/denyhosts:% make -V REINPLACE_CMD
/usr/bin/sed -i.bak

You should find the definition of that variable around line 2087 of
bsd.port.mk

If this does not work for you then either you're missing chunks out
of /usr/ports/Mk or you've got rogue entries in /etc/make.conf that
break that command or you're running on a version of the OS too old
to support "sed -i".

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                      Flat 3