I have a 6.2 box on which I intend to set up a web server (lighttpd) and
a file server (samba).  The kicker is that I will need to allow for
French characters (é, à, ç, etc).  I had such an issue before but only
managed to solve it at the X level (via xorg.conf).  Now I need to
solve it at the console level.

The Handbook has a lot of ideas but it seems focused on a per user basis
instead of on a system level basis.  Then again, maybe I just don't
understand what its trying to say.

I would also need to toggle back and forth between English and French.

Thanks in advance to any responders,

PM