On 2/6/07, Chuck Swiger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Feb 6, 2007, at 3:12 PM, Don O'Neil wrote:
> > How do I delete a file after I've copied it with SCP? Is there some
> > sort of
> > secure 'rm' command?
>
> Use "rsync --delete" via SSH.  (Danger!  Slippery when wet!  Use with
> caution.)
>
> --
> -Chuck

I am not sure the rsync --delete is what the OP intended.  rsync --delete
will delete the file on the remote location if it no longer exists in the
source location.  The OP wanted to, as I understood it, delete the file from
the source location after it was copied to the remote location.  Probably
the best bet would to be to have a script scp the files, do some sort of
verification that they made it intact, and then do an ssh [EMAIL
PROTECTED]"/path/to/file" as suggested earlier.

HTH,

Preston