On 2/7/07, Marcel Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi,

I have a Freebsd 5.3 Virtual machine running on a SUSE 9.3 Xen 2.05
machine and I wanted to recompile the kernel with the xen-sources and
kernel sources form the archive.

But to my great astonishment the ftp://ftp-archive.freebsd.org url
asked for a username and password, which it didn't before

Have you tried to log in as "anonymous" with the password of
"anonymous" (w/out quotes)?

What's happened or is something wrong??

The URL loads OK for me in firefox; could it be that you used to
access the URL in question with a client that automatically attempted
anonymous login, and now you are using a different client, or that the
client is no longer attempting anonymous login on your behalf due to a
software update / configuration change?

E.g. when using the "ftp ftp-archive.freebsd.org" command in a shell,
the ftp login prompt comes up and you must type in a user/pass to
continue (but anonymous:anonymous seems to be working just fine).

Sincerely,
-Parker