I sym linked /tmp to /var/tmp things are happy.

thank you for everybody's help.

cheers,

Noah

RW wrote:
On Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:32:53 -0800
Noah <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From rc.conf(5):

     clear_tmp_enable
                 (bool) Set to ``YES'' to have /tmp cleaned at
startup.

And also daily_clean_tmps_enable (in periodic.conf)

Why not setup a parallel (background) task with a wrapper script to delete some files when upgrading ports? Either that or find a
(more) free partition and symlink /var/tmp to it.

yeah out of all the ideas this seems the easiest to implement and
just makes sense but I am having difficulties creating the sym link
for /tmp

That doesn't make sense to me, it just sweeps the problem under the
carpet. At the moment I'm in the middle of an upgrade with portmanager,
and the *total* space used on /tmp is 1MB.

How much of /tmp is actually in use by portmanager.