Hello,

gahn schrieb:

> i have a freebsd server and used as file storage. some
> of files being stored on that server are virus
> infected. how could I clean them up? could the norton
> anti-virus software on my laptop clean up the virus
> when i download those files from the server? does
> norton do that with ftp/ssh?

why don't you want to use a virus scanner on the freebsd server? You
could use ClamAV which exists in the port collection:

/usr/ports/security/clamav

Kind regards,

Oliver

--
Oliver Koch                          Phone:  +49-(0)5323-72-2626
Computer Center                      Fax:    +49-(0)5323-72-3536