O/H Dino Vliet έγραψε:
Hi peeps,

I'm busy preparing my via c3 system to utilize it as a
backup file server.

I will use the system then as a central node with
rsync to do daily backups of my main data that is
scattered around on different desktops on my lan.

Are those desktops using windows only? If yes then you could enable samba on your backup server and map network drives for everyone to use as backup.

Don't forget to enable SWAT in /etc/inetd.conf, it will help a lot in configuration.

--
RTFM and STFW before anything bad happens