I have a question about tuning FreeBSD systems, specifically in regard to
memory. At one time on Solaris systems it was recommended to keep scan rate
below 200 pages per second. (Today it's 300 pages per second, dependent on
the amount of memory, class of system.) Are there any recommendations or
rules of thumb a person can use to determine when a memory upgrade is
required? My machines are only busy during port builds when the scan rate
can vary greatly and the page out rate could reach as high as two pages per
second during brief periods. What kind of memory and paging metrics should
I use on FreeBSD systems?

--
Cheers,
Cy Schubert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>