Hello,

A snippet from my /etc/rc.conf:
pccard_enable="YES"
ifconfig_wi0="inet 10.0.0.2"
ifconfig_ed1="dhcp"

On 4.5-RC3 it works as I expected, each interface will get it's own
value for ifconfig command.

On 5.0-RC3, however, this does not happen.
/etc/pccard_ether has been changed this way:

 case ${pccard_ifconfig} in
 [Nn][Oo] | '')
+         expr "...." : ".*${interface}" > /dev/null || exit 0
          ;;
 *)
          # Backward compatible
          eval ifconfig_${interface}=\${pccard_ifconfig}
          ;;
 esac

Default value of ${pccard_ifconfig} is "NO", so the script exits too
early now. If I set this varibale, I will get that value for each and
every interface. Right?
I would suggest something like this (pseudo code):

 case ${pccard_ifconfig} in
 [Nn][Oo] | '')
          expr "...." : ".*${interface}" > /dev/null || exit 0
          ;;
 *)
          # Backward compatible
+         eval ifconfig_${interface}=\$pccard_ifconfig_${interface}
          ;;
 esac

Am I abusing the featute? What is a correct way to deal with this
effect? For a time being I have commented out that line and it works
OK for me.

TIA

--
Alexander Pohoyda