On Sat, Feb 10, 2007 at 10:11:55PM -0600, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 08/02/07, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >        Things hung up after buildworld, during buildkernel.
>
> Which things?
>
> >        only been happening in the past two or three days.  Has anybody
> >        else seen this?
>
> Assuming you are not using -j, what is the error
> from make buildkernel?
>
> Have you:
> a) Vetted your kernel config?
> b) Checked your /etc/make.conf for naughty flags?
> c) Assured yourself that this is not an error related
> to bad memory?

        I never use "-j"; so that's out.  I'm not quite some about the
        KERNEL config file.  It was whatever is one the 5.3 CD and
        upgraded to 5.5.  Probably work checking.  I was using -O3 in
        make.conf for the buildworld.  Yes/no?  I figured that by-now,
        with 5.5 gcc would allow higher optimizations... .  Everything
        else in /etc/make.conf is pretty benign.  Memory and disk are
        solid.  --I'm doing another buildworld now in fact.  doing a
        /bin/rm -rf on /usr/obj helped before, so I'm trying again

        If this fails, I'll clean /usr/obj and reset the optimization to
        -O; try again.  I'll snip the last few lines if failure and send
        them in several hours.  [[I've been doing this since 2.0.5; this
        seems like ``the most troubles'' ... but probably not!