Alain Wolf skrev:
On 12.02.2007 11:52, * Roger Olofsson wrote:
Dear Mailing List,

As usual I would like to thank the replies I go to my earlier questions
and I will try and step up and answer the ones I can.

Now for my question,

After a recent buildworld/portupgrade everything seems to be up to date
except a few and among those are php5-extensions and to be more precise
php5-mysql.

php5-mysql and php5-extensions reports
configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for
more information.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The requisites are met, all the following are ok:

Requires: autoconf-2.59_2, libiconv-1.9.2_2, libxml2-2.6.27, m4-1.4.8_1,
mysql-client-5.0.33, perl-5.8.8, php5-5.2.1, pkg-config-0.21

autoconf reports autoconf-2.13.000227_5 as well as 2.59_2, could this be
the problem?

I tried make deinstall ; make install of php5 and of mysql (both client
and server) but no luck so far.

What can I do?

Grateful for any answers!

Greetings

/Roger

I am not really sure if its the same issue, but I had the same problems
on two of my systems.
After I deinstalled and reinstalled mysql-client-5.0.33 it went fine again.
# cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql50-client/ && make deinstall && make
reinstall

Hope this helps
Alain

I am sorry but this has been tried to no avail. I also (off the list) was encouraged to try portmanager but that also failed.

As I stated in my original mail, buildworld, portsnap fetch all are recent and php and mysql (both server and client) have been deinstalled and reinstalled but php5-mysql won't budge....still gives me this:

checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient... no
checking for mysql_error in -lmysqlclient... no
configure: error: mysql configure failed. Please check config.log for more information.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please report the problem to [EMAIL PROTECTED] [maintainer] and attach the
"/usr/ports/databases/php5-mysql/work/php-5.2.1/ext/mysql/config.log" including the output of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

A bit above I see this as well:

configure: WARNING: You will need re2c 0.9.11 or later if you want to regenerate PHP parsers.

Grateful for any more ideas!

Greetings!

/Roger