On 2/12/07, Dr. Jennifer Nussbaum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ive never installed FreeBSD by myself, its always been installed for me by
someone. But im planning on getting a new laptop soon, thinking of the ThinkPad
T60, which now has a Intel Core 2 Due processor.

What do i need to do to make sure i'm getting the use of both cores? I read
through the Handbook on Installation and it doesnt say anything about this.

Thanks. Any other thoughts welcome! Im a little nervous about this, but the T60
seems to be well supported.

Jen

The best approach to learn more about FreeBSD in my opinion is to
install PCBSD 1.3.01 which is based on FreeBSD 6.1 or DesktopBSD
1.6-RC1 which is FreeBSD 6.2 , they will detect your cpus and will
install the right kernel to use both cpus beside complete ready
FreeBSD with KDE desktop in your thinkpad notebook.

http://www.pcbsd.org/?p=download
http://desktopbsd.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=940&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

--
Regards,