Yuriy Tsibizov wrote:
I need to know whether the
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
is supported by FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT's snd_emu10kx(8)
driver.
NO.

Yuriy.

All right,
then the question shouldn't be lined up on snd_emu10kx, I saw that this type of soundcard utilize the CMedia CMI8738 chipset and there is already a driver called snd_cmi. The big, bad, ugly question is: will FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT support any of the X-Fi soundcards from creative?

I feel sad watching the market in Germany. Since the Audigy 2-type SB cards vanished there are only cheap ones, unsupported ones and expensive ones, where I can not say whether the expensive ones are supported :-(
It is hard to figure out what chipset several creative soundcards utilize.

At the moment, I have onboard sound (which is boring) and Soundblaster Audigy SE, which is NOT supported by FreeBSD 7 and OSS driver for amd64 crashes the box - so need alternatives.

Thanks in advance,
Oliver