FreeBSD-6.2

I have a FBSD computer that I need to access via ssh from a WinXP machine
running 'putty'. I am using ssh certificates for authorization. No problem
there. I can do anything I want when I access the FBSD machine in this manner,
except run something like KDE or XFCE4. I thought I made all of the required
changes to the ssh_config and sshd_config as well as 'putty', but evidently not.

Situation:

I have 'startx' set to start 'xfce4' presently. If I type: 'startx' while
logged in via ssh, xfce4 will start on the FBSD machine just fine. However, on
the WinXP PC with 'putty', all I see are the start up messages on the screen.
The actual GUI, etc. never appears. This makes using the program impossible
from a remote location.

I am sure I am doing something really stupid here. Perhaps someone could point
me i the right direction.

Thanks!

--

White Hat