Neeraj Sharma wrote:
I am a newbie to FreeBSD world. I am trying to install FreeBSD6.2 on my HP
zv5240us laptop. Everything else went off fine except the X config. I ran
the command X -configure which created a xorg.conf.new file. When I use that
to run X it just shows a blank screen and I am not able to go back to the
console also.

I tried playing around with the parameters in xorg.conf.new file but without
success. If anyone can help me with this it will be great...

Two things that would really help:

-The video card and monitor sections of your xorg.conf file.
-More info about your video card (maker, model, etc). This can be found using pciconf -lv. A snippet would do nicely (not a whole list of all the devices in your PC that are PCI related.

Thanks :).

-Garrett