On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, Christian Walther wrote:

Aah, that's right, threads.  Forgot about those.

-Dan

On 15/02/07, Dan Mahoney, System Admin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hey all,

I'm getting about a hundred more processes reported by ps aux|wc -l versus
the total number of processes in top.  Is this a "normal" thing?  My
system's been under some heavy load in the past couple days, but it's all
presumably stable now.

ps -aux and top hide different processes by default. Use top -S to
show all system processes, too. This is the same as doing a ps -auxH

Read the manpages of both commands for more information of what all
these options do.

-Dan

HTH
Christian

--

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH