----- Original Message -----
From: "Greg Barniskis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc: "Steven H. Baeighkley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: serious performance problems with 6.2 Release

> Good gravy. They're not asking -questions for a fix, they're asking
> for guidance on how to isolate the root cause of the problem. Quoth
> the OP: "*what are we missing?*"
>
> That is perfectly germane for -questions and only /after/ that
> question is answered

Then, post some steps and quit metadiscussing.

 would it be appropriate to use send-pr. Using
> send-pr to submit a poorly defined problem ("too much load") is not
> going to result in a project committer magically finding and fixing
> an unknown OS bug.

The original post was not poorly defined.  Certainly not compared to
the average PR.  The only things missing were BIOS and board revisions
and the diagnostic log.

> > Steven H. Baeighkley wrote:
> >> If bugs is the correct list then that's where we'll send it. However we
> >> were not initially thinking it was a bug. We were thinking it was a
> >> configuration error on our part.
>
> That's a reasonable assumption actually. Sorry I don't have any
> specific suggestions for you except to second the motion that you
> ignore Ted's assertion that you should give up on -questions. It's
> entirely possible that there's a tunable knob or app compilation
> option that will help you out.

If you would care to suggest something I'm sure the OP would be
all ears.  So far you have only posted sheer speculation.

Ted