You are su'ing to your account.  You need to just:
su
or
su root

        -Derek

At 06:44 AM 2/18/2007, Rajen Jani (BT Yahoo! Broadband) wrote:
Hello everyone,

          I have installed FreeBSD clean from start but everytime I try
to do something like say run ./configure
on my home directory, I get the "permission denied" message. Can anyone
help me please. When i type in
"su rajen" it seems to log me in but it doesn't ask me for the root
password.

Thanks

Rajen

believed to be clean.