On Feb 19, 2007, at 2:48 PM, Manfred Frey wrote:

Hi FreeBSD folks,

I'm a UNIX user for some time but now I'm trying to install my first FreeBSD system over the internet. I got along with the HW and pre-installation issues easily, the disk space is allocated, I know what to install. But I can't connect for download. I'd like to ask for
your help.

On this handbook page
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install- media.html

I arrive at figure Figure 2-27. Set Network Configuration for ed0. See page http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install- post.html

I don't know what to put in "host", "domain", "IPv4 gateway" and "domain server".

My ISP is German Telekom.
I'm using a CompuShack gateway/4-port switch
Connecting to my 3-COMs RJ45 jack

My computer is 192.168.0.4
The local gateway is 192.168.0.1
The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0
The gateway's internet address changes as it is assigned when connecting.

Who's host name has to be used ?
I'm logging into Telekom as [EMAIL PROTECTED] . Is "t- online.de" the required domain ? The installation probes IP numbers like 217.237.151.142 for the name server. Is that what's needed ?

Probably trying to use DHCP to discover all these settings would be the easiest way, for the router/gateway will give you all the needed info.

--
Guido
http://www.rottnic.nl