drewshen wrote:
I am having a problem with my apache in freebsd.  i set up two virtual hosts,
one is a default, the other goes to another domain.  i set up the
directives:

<Directory />
AllowOverride None Order deny,allow Deny from all </Directory>

<Directory /home/vhosts/mydomain.com/httpdocs> AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory> <Directory /home/vhosts/mydomain2.com/httpdocs> AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all </Directory>
when i try to start apache it says httpd not running, trying to start . . .
and on the broswer i get an internal server error.  does anyone know how i
could fix this? thanks alot!

Without seeing the rest of your configuration file, I may suggest you make sure your <Directory> tags are within their resepective <VirtualHost> tags ... Also, check the location of your error and access log; make sure the user apache is running as can write to them, and see what they say - write back to this list with the actual error, and/or more of your configuration file.

--
Nathan Vidican
[EMAIL PROTECTED]