AN wrote:
I just downloaded and installed the 2 packages from the freebsdfoundation.org website, diablo-jre-freebsd6.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz and diablo-jdk-freebsd6.i386.1.5.0.07.01.tbz. However, when I restart Seamonkey or Firefox Java is not enabled.

There were no messages after the packages installed indicating any more steps were necessary for configuration. Maybe some links need to be created that were not done in the install? I thought these packages were just supposed to work.

Disclaimer:  IANAE, but I do have Java running ATM with Seamonkey.

Do you have /usr/local/diablo-jdk1.5.0/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so ?
Or something similar?

If so, make a link to it in /usr/local/lib/browser_plugins/ and restart the browser. Worked for me; although, I had done this previously and somehow "lost" the installation during a recent portupgrade. I'm pretty sure there's some magic in /etc/libmap.conf, also, but I think the port is supposed to do that for you....

Kevin Kinsey
--
Whatever became of eternal truth?