Jerry,

Below is what I see in response to the cmd; as I'm unfamiliar with it could
you please be more explicit about how I may proceed?

Marty

%sudo bsdlabel -e /dev/ad1s1
Password:
# /dev/ad1s1:
8 partitions:
#        size   offset    fstype   [fsize bsize bps/cpg]
 a: 490234736       16    unused        0     0
 c: 490223412        0    unused        0     0         # "raw" part, don't
edit
~
~

On 2/22/07, Jerry McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:34:24PM -0600, Derek Ragona wrote:

> You may have lost the partition table.  You can try repartitioning the
> drive but do NOT do a newfs.  You can easily try it in sysinstall.

Yes, that has been mentioned - I wasn't sure if it would work as
desired - without overwriting too much - or not.  But, if it is tried
, be sure to use the exact partition schema as was done before.  I
think that was everything in one partition - called c, but I am not
sure that is exactly what was done.

So, the question is, did the OP use bsdlabel (alone or in sysinstall)
when originally creating that filesystem?   If so, probably using
bsdlabel again on it - WITHOUT doing a newfs - would be worth trying.
It probably can't do anything worse than what is already the case.

If it was all one partition in a single slice, then run bsdlabel -e
on the slice /dev/ad1s1 and take out the unused type from 'c' and
make it BSD4.2.    Make the offset '*' and the size be everything.
Then exit out and hope for the best.

////jerry