Hi Folks,

we have a shiny new linux_base based on the Slackware distribution in ports/104680. The only problem is with this, that Slackware people distribute some binaries in ext2fs floppy images. We would like to avoid using such, because that would need some kernel module trick in the port and that is very difficult to handle. The question is that can we extract and provide these binaries in a simple tar.gz file or is that considered a GPL/LGPL violation? The sources are freely available on slackware.com, but we are not sure doing so is legally correct. What do you think about this?

Thanks in advance,
Gabor