Steven Hartland wrote:
I'm looking at new machines for high access forums / DB
and wonder if anyone has any experience with how well
FreeBSD specifically 6.2 scales on Dual Quad Core Intel's.

We have some Dual Dual Core's here but I'm considering
the Quad Core upgrade but am a little concerned that
this may start to become OS limited given the 8 Cores.

The software we will be running is vBulletin so apache +
php and mysql.

Does anyone have any experience / results they can share?

   Regards
   Steve

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise disseminating it or any information contained in it. In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Steve,
Please search questions@ archive for more information regarding this inquiry. Then if you don't find your question, ask there.
-Garrett