Thank you, that's at least useful testing, but it did not work. Jail
is definetly not getting any network action.

Would a host netstat output be useful? I looks pretty cryptic.

Thanks,
-Jim Stapleton

On 2/23/07, Jeff Palmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At 08:22 PM 2/22/2007, you wrote:
>I'd like to get Apache running in jail, but I can't seem to get
>network working in jail.
><..snip..>
>Anyway, when I go to jail, running csh (as root) in jail, I try/get:
>    %ping 192.168.1.1
>    ping: socket: Operation not permitted

You can't ping from a jail unless you set the
"security.jail.allow_raw_sockets" sysctl on the host OS.

- Jeff