Nope, I didn't. I fixed that. It now doesn't give me an error, but at
the same time I still don't get incoming/outgoing network traffick:

(after turning on the variable to allow raw sockets - note: telnet to
my mailserver IP doesn't work either.):

jail /jail/ legolas 92.168.1.85 /bin/csh
%ping 192.168.1.1
PING 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1): 56 data bytes
^C
--- 192.168.1.1 ping statistics ---
%exit
exit

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 03:25:00PM +0000, Jim Stapleton wrote:
> Thank you, it still did not connect using that. The mail server is a
> SMTP server. Also I copied over my host's resolve.conf file.

Hmm. Did you remember to set up the alias entry on your host machine?
What about firewall changes?

> With all these hassles/headaches, would it be better/more secure for
> me to settup Bochs or QEmu running a virtual BSD server?

Dunno. I don't use those tools. My jail setup sent surprisingly smooth
when I did it.