I'm unsing automount (amd) to mount to external drives. I'm getting the
following error when trying to access the drives.

  /sun1: Operation not permitted.

  I've followed the example here:
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200202/automounting.html which gives the following
section on errors.......
  A. ERRORS  Operation not permitted when mounting: one cannot mount a regular
partition on top of another. Unmount the first partition before attempting to
mount.

  Can anoyone please explain what this means in english ??? What is the first
partition ?

  Its a sun storedge with two drives in it. One called /sun1, the other /sun2