Hi All,

   I am now in the= process of configuring two new freebsd boxes on which
   I plan to install the= 6.2 branch.

   Does anyone know if= and how I can tailor the configuration to make
   best use of core 2 duo= processors.

   One of the servers= has a 'Dual Core Intel® Xeon® 3040 Processor
   at 1.86GHz, 2MB L2 cache,= 1066MHz FSB'

   The second as a= 'Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 Conroe 2.13GHz 2M shared L2
   Cache LGA= 775'

   Any idea or thoughts= on this welcome.

   In the past on a P4= chip I would put pentium4 in the cputype
   parameter in /etc/make.conf but= are there any other settings here I
   can adjust or any by using= sysctl.

   A google search was= not productive.

   It would appear that= SMP is installed by default on the default 6.2
   install.

   Regards

   Phil.