Norberto Meijome wrote:
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:24:49 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: how to run root cmds when starting xorg?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 00:24:49 +0100
Sender: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

how do i exec a kldload script when starting ttyv8 kdm (or xorg) ?

modify the xorg or kdm startup script?

Xorg's xinitrc is a user script. Or does one of the X server or client thing start as root? If so, which script runs? xinitrc didnt work..
"...../kdm -nodaemon": exactly which one (if any) executed as root?

why do you need such thing?

I want to load sound support only when in a desktop environment, and auto-disable it when moving back to a console. That is, I need a script that loads sound when starting, and unloads when exiting kdm.