Thanks for the replies!

On 2/25/07, Andrew Pantyukhin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/25/07, Curby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
If you don't forward packets, then it's not very different,
packets for "not me" are gonna get dropped anyway right
after the firewall.

Thanks!  I think I found a case where to all is preferable over to me.
Since SMB seems to like broadcasting things, I'm allowing like the
following instead of to me:

allow udp from any 137,138 to any in keep-state

I guess I could write a rule with "to me" and another with the
broadcast address of my subnet, but this is simpler. =)

There are a lot of complicated/illegal configurations
when verrevpath shoots you in the foot. Keeping rules
simple and stupid will save you a lot of headache in
the end.

I'll keep that in mind as I go forward.  I'm interested in trying to
do traffic control and NAT via hand-written configurations. =)