I am using the default FreeBSD IMAP server in FreeBSD.  It works great
with thunderbird, but Outlook is not able to log in even though I have
Secure Authentication checked.  Any ideas?

one - what POP/IMAP server are you using?
two - some setups will require you to use the FULL email address as the username
three - outlook works well as an IMAP client, but you dont want
something that works
          well....you want something that works PERFECT.
four - log files always help you out....i believe that will be
/var/log/maillog that will help you out...

usually a detail of what you are running on your IMAP server, (IMAP server
software, versiop of FreeBSD.........)

hope that helps

--
Mike

Of course, you might discount this possibility, but remember that one in
a million chances happen 99% of the time.