Janine C.Buorditez wrote:
Hi.

I was wondering if there is an official way of more conveniently manage
configuration files in FreeBSD other than loose scripts.
Well, convenience is a matter of opinion.  Personally, I prefer config
files to some methods provided by other systems.

Beyond that, what is it you're trying to manage?  The only config files
to really worry about in FreeBSD are in /etc and there are really only
a few that need any tweaking (rc.conf, rc.firewall, ummm ... that's all
I can think of that normally need any tweaking)

I think there was a project to develope a GUI to manage rc.conf, but I
can't remember the name.  Search sourceforge, as I'm pretty sure it was
hosted there.

Beyond that, you're going to need to be more specific.  I'm not sure
what "loose scripts" you're speaking of.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies