[I've removed the lists for which I'm not a member]

On Feb 26, 2007, at 9:27 PM, Kelly Jones wrote:

I often run commands piped to 'less', to make sure the command is
working OK by looking at the first few lines of output.

Once I'm convinced, though, I'd like to "get rid" of less, and just
have the rest of stdout spewed to the terminal (and/or /dev/null
and/or to a file I specify).

In other words, I want to stop hitting 'space' until my program terminates.

How can I do this?

  man tee

so

  command | tee outputfile | less

Then :q out of less when you are done and the output will have gone to
outputfile

-j