Christian Baer wrote:
On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 09:18:39 -0800 Bill Campbell wrote:

Or am I missing the issue here?
I think the issue is how localtime displays dates.

This whole ``problem'' is a typical example of brainless
politicians (but I repeat myself) doing things that cause far
more problems then they ostensibly solve.

This is geting a little OT here, but could someone explain this to me
please?

For as long as I have been voting Indiana has proposed switching to daylight savings time because it would "save money" and create new jobs. Every year it got defeated, every year Hoosiers spent countless dollars debating the issue, every year Hoosiers told the legislature no.

They finally changed it last year, after an extensive campaign which claimed Indiana lost billions of dollars and thousands of jobs a year because we did not have DST. Of course after much prodding, no one could manage to justify those numbers or explain where they came from.

It must have worked, because we have considerable increase in traffic caused by the money trucks rolling through town and the bus loads of new workers arriving to fill the waiting jobs ;^)

Personally, I think someone just wanted on extra hour on the tee during the week after work.

DAve

Veterans?