On Tue, Feb 27, 2007, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

>>As you say the U.W. would have a hard time using anything but uw-imap
>>(where do you thing the uw in uw-imap comes from :-).
>
>use dovecot with Maildir. IMHO it's the best for mail service now. at
>least for me

I haven't looked at dovecot.  Does it maintain a group of listeners,
similar to apache's, to handle incoming requests as courier-imap does?

So far we have had excellent performance with courier-imap at sites with
about 10,000 mail clients hitting a single server (most of whom are using
the POP interface as these are ISP sites).

Bill

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are
men who want rain without thunder and lightning.  They want the ocean
without the roar of its many waters.
                -- Frederick Douglass