In the last episode (Feb 28), Only OpenSource said:
> Does FreeBSD support ms chapv2 protocol ?
>
> I am trying to setup a FreeBSD server as a PPP server
> that can authenticate a Windows client using MS CHAP v2.

>From the ppp manpge:

  MSChapV2|chap81
    Default: Disabled and Accepted.  It is very similar to standard
    CHAP (type 0x05) except that it issues challenges of a fixed 16
    bytes in length and uses a combination of MD4, SHA-1 and DES to
    encrypt the challenge rather than using the standard MD5 mecha-
    nism.

So I would guess that it is supported.  All you would have to do is add
"enable mschapv2" to your ppp.conf file.

--
        Dan Nelson
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]