On Wed, Feb 28, 2007 at 05:12:58PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> I'd like to cron a process that looks at a certain folder every day and
> changes the perms on a directory if they aren't what I want.
> Unfortunately, the people creating the folders are Windows folks using
> WinSCP, and so they create folders with spaces in them.  (E.g. Day 1, Day
> 2, etc.)
>
> I thought I could just do this:
> chmod 755 `find /path/to/dirs -type d`
>
> but find returns a directory name of Day, Day, Day, which (obviously)
> doesn't work.
>
> >From the cli, find returns the actual directory name.
>
> How can I get find to return the dirs correctly in a script?  Or is there
> some other way to do this that would work?
>
> Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

find /path/to/dirs -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755

Thanks,

Josh
--
Josh Tolbert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  ||  http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor
do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger
is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either
a daring adventure, or nothing.
    -- Helen Keller