I was doing some maintenance on my FreeBSD 5.4R box, and took it down to
single user mode and ran

        fsck -y

I have four partitions on my drive, and the 2nd and 3rd partitions come up
with errors and say run fsck manually.

When I do:

        fsck -y /dev/ad0s1e

there's no difference, it just shows me the errors but doesn't fix 'em. I
see (NO WRITE) on the partition which I figure is the problem.

How do I get fsck to write the changes necessary? I used to know all this
when I admin'd a half dozen boxes for about 5 years but 3 years later with
little to no admin chores anymore I've forgotten.

Thanks for any assistance you might provide.

-gerry