Thanks to the readers of this group I can now send mail with Pine.

I am doing something wrong with my fetchmail configuration, however. I am
not even sure where to start troubleshooting.

My .fetchmail.log file reads, in part:

fetchmail: sleeping at Sun Jan 19 2003
fetchmail: 43 messages for gwschenk at orangca-mls05.socal.rr.com (17784
octets)
fetchmail: reading message [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fetchmail: fetchmail: getaddrinfo(localhost.smtp)
fetchmail: SMTP connection to localhost failed
fetchmail: transaction error while fetching from pop-server.socal.rr.com
fetchmail: Query status=10 (SMTP)

Have I configured something incorrectly? I'm suspicious that my email
address and the account name I log onto my computer with have some sort of
conflict in fetchmail or perhaps sendmail. I've gone over .fetchmailrc,
freebsd.mc and the Pine configuration screen, but don't see any mistakes
there. Is there another location to look?

Thanks
Gary