Did you read the manpage of mount_ntfs? Have a look to the writing section:

"There is limited writing ability. Limitations: file must be nonresident and must not contain any sparces (uninitialized areas); compressed files are also not supported. The file name must not contain multibyte characters."

Writing on NTFS with FreeBSd is a bad idea. You should switch to FAT if you need to exchange files between this to systems.

Greets
Marco

Parker Brown schrieb:
Using the FreeBSD booter to manage both Windoz XP and FreeBSD 6.1 on the same SCSI drive. Under FreeBSD I've got XP mounted, and I've been able to examine the XP directories, but when I try to copy data or the contents of directories from FreeBSD to XP. Using cp -R format, nothing copies, and I get error messages that the target files don't exist.
Is FreeBSD not capable of copying to NTFS?

Please help!

Parker Brown