Thanks, David. I had already configured it like that the first time around after reading up on it a bit. Most articles/tips I have read say to wait 10 minutes or so and then compress the logs with a shell script in order to be sure Apache finished logging to the files. Another thing, just to be sure. If I had 30 vhosts on my server and each had logs in their home directory, I would still use newsyslog to rotate and delete them, correct? I assume one needs tons of disk space to do that if the sites are rather large.