----- Original Message ----
From: Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Sent: Wednesday, March 7, 2007 1:02:01 AM
Subject: Re: Setting Env

Drew Jenkins wrote:

>LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/mysql/ not work for you?

>Why not source environment variables from an outside script / rc-file?
>It's better / smarter in the long run, IMHO.

Sounds great. Again, as I wrote in my last post, I don't know *exactly* what
command needs to be entered!! I have tried this in the /etc/rc.conf file:

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/mysql/
--or--
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/local/lib/mysql/"
--or--
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib/mysql/

none of which work. I have tried creating a script and chmod +x in the
/usr/local/etc/rc.d folder:

#!/bin/csh
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/local/lib/mysql/

and that doesn't work, either. Would it be okay if I asked anyone out there to
tell me *exactly* what I need to do to get this to be set on startup??
TIA.
Drew