there are many difficulties and YES there is the documentation
on FreeBSD handbook but it does not helped me so much I Still ahve difficulties.

I isntalled MIT krb5 also and I Am using kadmin from MIT
to manage krb5 server.

First problem

kadmin:  ktadd -k /etc/krb5.keytab host/host.domain
kadmin: Unsupported key table format version number while adding key to keytab

I can't undertand this message i touched /etc/krb5.keytab
but via kadmin it is unable to export the krb5 key I added before
with

 addprinc -randkey host/host.domain

i also chmod 777 krb5.keytab nothing to do

at the end I exported it from the kdc and copied it by hand in
/etc/krb5.keytab on my client FreeBSD box, but I do not know
if in this way it will work.

anyway now I have another problem.
I am not able to configure ssh to login via kerberos.

I tryed everything

KerberosAuthentication yes
KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
KerberosTicketCleanup yes

Then I changed /etc/pam.d/sshd

# auth
auth            required        pam_nologin.so          no_warn
auth            sufficient      pam_opie.so             no_warn no_fake_prompts
auth            requisite       pam_opieaccess.so       no_warn allow_local
auth            sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn try_first_pass
#auth           sufficient      pam_ssh.so              no_warn try_first_pass
auth            required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass

# account
account         required        pam_krb5.so
account         required        pam_login_access.so
account         required        pam_unix.so

# session
#session        optional        pam_ssh.so
session         required        pam_permit.so

# password
password        sufficient      pam_krb5.so             no_warn try_first_pass
password        required        pam_unix.so             no_warn try_first_pass

and ssh won't authenticate via kerberos:

Mar 7 10:27:24 bastionbox1 sshd[1019]: Invalid user myself from 131.x.y.z Mar 7 10:27:33 bastionbox1 sshd[1019]: error: PAM: authentication error for illegal user myself from mylapdop.domain

I must miss something I do not know what...

Actually I do not think this scenario on BSD users is commonly used,
and I Cannot find documentation to help myself, anyway I need this scenario that was implemented on Linux before.
I do not want to use Linux anyway for this porpouse (bastion SSH
box for public login via krb5/ldap)
At the end anyway the scenario needs to be krb5 for authentication
and LDAP for authorization

For now I am not able to authenticate via krb5

any hints ?

thanks

Rick