Amer H. Alhabsi wrote:
I'm trying to install PHP5 but keep getting the missing pkg-desc for php5-5.1.6_3. It complies all right with make. But when I try make install, I get the error. The make -V DESCR gives /home/alhabsi/packages/pkg-descr. This directory is where I keep my downloaded packages.

Are you running make from the port directory, or somewhere else? We need more information on *exactly* what you are doing (cwd, what commands are being typed, etc) to have any real idea what might be happening.

I'm guessing that it should say /usr/ports/lang/php5/pkg-descr instead, since there is such a file there.

You might try something like:

$ cd /usr/ports/lang/php5
$ make DESCR=/usr/ports/lang/php5/pkg-descr install clean

Kevin Kinsey

--
They call them squares because it's the
most complicated shape they can deal with.