if (!fork())
{
while(1) {
kill(getppid(), SIGTERM);
}
// End of source
when compiled and ran, makes my 4.7-release box quit EVERY SINGLE PROGRAM (including boot-time daemons), and go into a fix-it shell.
My question is this: why does this happen? I can't seem to figure it out. I've worked with many other people about this, and they don't seem to know.
(When you exit the fix-it shell, the computer finishes booting, it's like going into single-user mode upon boot)
Run this code and see what happens (nothing bad, just wierd).
bash-2.05b# uname -a
FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE #1: Sun Jan 19 17:46:33 MST 2003 shawn@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/FIREWALLED i386
bash-2.05b#
Thanks,