Gary Kline wrote:
On Wed, Mar 07, 2007 at 09:00:10PM -0500, Sean Bryant wrote:
Gary Kline wrote:
Why, oh why, is this gcc-4.3 build bombing ("jc1: out of memory") when I've got .75G of RAM and a huge disk? If the gcc43 port is
        experimental, would somebodt kindly clue me in?

          [[ ... ]]

http://gcc.gnu.org/

It's right there on the front page. So yes I'd call it experimental.

        Right.  I should've checked ggc.gnu.org.   Be glad when they got
        their new compiler working.  Looks soild for increased
optimization, too.

You could try building without java support--that should cut down on your build resources use a ton.

Oh, I'm not sure how fast your PC is, but it'll probably take 2-3 hours to compile that alone :)..

-Garrett