Paulette McGee wrote:
--- "s.moyzis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Well,  everyone, I've decided to put FreeBSD on the
back burner indefinetly, until I can get a dedicated
box.
No matter what I try, it won't boot from the Disk1
ISO image (BIOS IS configured).  Won't boot from the
boot disk either.  Maybe I'll go back and try a
re-install of Windows NT 4.0, at least THAT worked,
'up to a point'....  My thanks to everyone for their
help and support, I really appreciate it.  Thanks,

Steve

"The only secure computer is one that's unplugged,
locked in a safe, and buried 20 feet under the
ground
in a secret location... and I'm not even too sure
about
that one"

Got one final question Steve. What kind of motherboard
is being used in your machine?  Well, how about one
more question: can you provide the make / model number
of the board?  Just curious.

Regards,
Paulette McGee

When's the last time you've updated your BIOS? Your board may not support Unices properly without an update, or at all.

My assumption's based on what you said about NT 4.0.. that hasn't really been in use since like '96~'98, has it =\?

-Garrett